A few months back I go a cross stitch pattern packet. I started working on it in the beginning of January. About a week into the project I noticed a flaw or miscount in it. I threw it in the corner for a week (as I normally do when things go wrong, I take a break form it). Well, needless to say I had a choice on my hands. I either had to go on with it and make up the difference, or I had to unpick HOURS of work. What did I decide?...You guessed it, I choose the hard way out...I went on intending to make up the difference. Blah, stupid me! (okay I finally said it!) As I have continued on with this endeavor I have found more and more things that are messed up. Every time I pick it up to work on it I get frustrated. If any of you have ever done a cross stitch you know how important the count of it is. Well, mine no longer has a count. Okay, so with that said, I am going to be the only on that will notice any of this. Yes, I said it and I meant it. I have been able, so far, to reconstruct this so called masterpiece to look reasonable. I once heard of a lady that did quilts that she put in one flaw on every quilt that she ever did to remind her that she is not perfect. With that said, I have noticed that I have a lot more flaws then I thought I had. But, with Heavenly Father's help I have been able to fill in the gaps and reconstruct the broken parts to make it seam as nothing had happened. I am still a masterpiece, no matter how much my count is off.
Here is the very beginning of the project, before the mistakes came in. Stay tuned for the finally! (but give me a few months)