Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Week 1

Excerpts from Kimberly's e-mail sent December 6 from the MTC.
"So it has been good here.  I am constantly busy.  I always have class or some workshop I am going to. . . I think some have noticed that I may be a little uptight.  I think maybe I just need to relax, but I am finding it hard to comprehend that because we have such a short time here to learn before we are effecting real lives... My first companion is Sister Livingstone.  She is from Canada!  She is super sweet and loving.  She has a lot of great insights that I had not thought of.  She is also going to Ogden.  Back to our investigator.  We have a guy named Terry and we met and taught him for the first time today and it was a little nerve wracking.  It went a lot different then I expected.  We are going to meet with him again tomorrow so we will see how that goes.  I am hoping I will get better at this teaching thing. 
One thing I really liked that I learned here is what I am calling the 'Shampoo Theory' which is basically Endure To The End.  So this is how it goes.  As we go about our lives we get dirty as any human does.  Then we have to realize that we are dirty and then go take a shower and shampoo our hair.  The bottle tells to rinse and repeat.  So as we go about our lives we sin and we need to realize we are dirty and repent and be baptized, which is taking a shower and shampooing our hair.  But it doesn't stop there.  We go about our day and we get dirty again, so instead of saying that we have taken a shower once, we need to take a shower every day and cleanse our souls.  So that is what the 'Shampoo Theory' is about.
It feels great to have my official mission name tag!  I already feel a little strange when I take it off to go take a shower... It is strange not being able to call and talk, but at the same time I have no time TO talk.  I feel like we run from one thing to another... The gospel is awesome. "

"I forgot to tell you about the calling I got for my branch.  Sister Livingstone and I are the branch musical coordinators.  Yeah, I laughed so hard.  I am not sure the church knows that I am tone deaf.  So maybe they will catch on or maybe the Lord will just bless me with some musical ability or something.  "
Love Sister Brooksby

No comments:

Post a Comment